Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Yellow Dragonflies

There was no rain today. Instead, yellow dragonflies swarmed over the streets.


By the time I left work, I only saw a few coming at my car.
When I passed the Wildlife Refuge, I saw their bodies littering the long deceleration lane.
Somewhere I know a cloud of these creatures was swarming safely away from human intrusion.
I had to reassure myself somehow.

When I was housebound those years ago, I was always thrilled when I walked the dirt road that defined the neighborhood among a swarm of dragonflies. I loved their rattling flutter and buzz and being closely surrounded by something so ethereal.

Dragonflies come in blue, green, yellow, red, black... and purple.

I can't see a swarm and not think of that time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home