Friday, July 04, 2008

petty game

I started playing on-line Reversi this morning and I was kicking ***. Then I realized that the game was set on the beginner level.
I bumped myself up to intermediate and things didn't go quite as smoothly.
Sometimes it seems like I've forgotten everything I've learned.
You aren't ready to move up to the next level until you kick everyone's ***, but then again... getting your *** kicked is the way to learn to be better.
I just don't know if my ego can take it. If I play in the morning and don't do well, it seems to set a tone for the day.
I wanna cover the board. I wanna eat the bear.
And I wanna find an opponent who is good and doesn't mind playing many games.
Unfortunately, in the particular game I play, you can't communicate or get identities with which you can look for an opponent again.
My father has played Chess with a man who owns a restaurant for decades. Whenever Dad appears, his friend pulls the Chessboard down from the top of the freezer. It isn't optional.
My father learned to play Chess from the soldiers on MacDill Field in Tampa when he was a boy.

I found a fun new website: http://www.doubletongued.org/
It turns out I'm not a gay-lister. I'm okay with that.

My friends at work were talking yesterday, because the computers were all down, about the Aztec calendar and how precise it is. The Aztec calendar predicts the end of the world as we know it will be December 21, 2012.
Can I stop paying my credit card bill now?
Not to be facetious. If that really is the last day of life, I don't really care. Nothing means very much really. All human endeavor eventually fades to dust. Ironically, all of my library holds expire on 11/11/2011. Do I know something I don't know I know?

Seriously, survival is what we do. Love is all that matters. Everything else is vanity.

Why were we put here? It beats the hell out of me. My presence here isn't really making any difference. I know that people are happy to see me... unless they've caused me to react to maltreatment of some kind, because I turn into the essence of the color RED. Or maybe I should say "scarlet."

Telephone features are vanity, too.
I wait for people to start speaking before I answer the phone. What are you paying for caller ID?
What could you be doing with that money?

These days not having caller ID seems as freaky to the madding crowd as not having gleaming white teeth. If I could piss away $500.00, it would be on retirement investment. White teeth won't chase away death, but you will have an appealing skull. LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home