Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Avocation

Dog-sitting.
I just fell into it.
I dog-sit for my veterinarian and have for years.
I have my own key to their house.
And my friends have me watch their pets.
And my parents.
And people I don't know ask me about it.
And people I do know inquire for people I don't know.
And co-workers.

I don't really want to work for people I don't really know.
The vet isn't likely to sue me. I'm not licensed, bonded or insured.
I just stay in your house and take care of your pets and I don't mind picking up poop or washing nose prints off of glass doors and windows.

And I will call the veterinarian when she's at 2 a.m. Greenwich mean time to ask about medication.
And I will spoil her dogs with tidbits and peanut butter (unless their diet forbids goodies) because she isn't there to say no.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home