Saturday, July 26, 2008

amoresperros

I have been pet-sitting, in different houses, for two weeks and I go to another house this weekend.
Life is simpler at other people's houses because I have a change of clothes and some books and movies and that's just about it.
Don't get me wrong. I fill a suitcase for even a day's stay:
Toiletries, a library bag-full of entertainment, my favorite pillows and a blanket, cell phone, a computer for watching the movies on (because other people's TV/DVD/direct TV/cable set-ups are too mysterious to operate correctly. When did they get so complex?)
It's easier because I'm only responsible for minding the animals, collecting the mail and newspapers, and making it look like I was never there.
There's not another person there who needs attention. The television is off. It's just me, my duties and something to do in between.
Today, I go over to another house in the afternoon. This is the best one of all; it's less than two miles away, it's a very good friend's house and the pets are the coolest.
Do "golden retriever" and "old, fluffy Persian cat" not explain everything?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home