Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Banana Conspiracy

Most Tuesdays, we go to dinner at Joey's parents' home. Today I wanted to go to the chiropractor after work, so I skipped.
This evening when I got home, Joey had food for me.
I enjoyed it in the kitchen while she puttered in her room.
I joined her after I ate. We usually spend a little time together watching Law & Order or some other show.
She said, "Did you put the plates in the refrigerator?"
"Yes."
"The dessert plate is all for you."
"Oh?"
"Yes, Mom put bananas in it."
"Oh. What was she thinking?"
"She forgot." (Joey does not like bananas.)
"Good, " I chuckled, "more for me!"
Joey huffed in a way that indicated her chagrin.
I couldn't help myself. "She should put bananas in every dessert!"
Joey pulled the blankets up and stared at the TV.
"She likes me better," I teased.
Her reaction was instantaneous. "Ohhh nooo!," she warned. (Meaning: Don't even think of kissing or touching me because you are in trouble now.)

She got up and walked over to the phone to call her mother and tell her what I'd said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home