Monday, May 12, 2008

Blue car blues

The time came.
I was hoping it would be a few years from now... years that would allow me to save up for a generous down payment... but Noooo.

The transmission needed to be taken apart and rebuilt. Estimate: 1,900.00
Value of car: Less than 1,900.00

Now if I had that kind of money to spend freely, I surely would have gotten my car repaired and kept on chugging away for several more years. But 2,000.00 was the sum total of my savings.
(It would be more, but life with it's unexpected expenses used up much of it.)

So I went to a dealership I trust and begged them to be generous.

Five hundred for my old white Saturn was the kindest offer they could muster.
I turned over my life savings, too.

Now I have a two-year-old Kia and it runs.

Somehow, saying goodbye to that old car... just wasn't that hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home