Sunday, November 25, 2007

The perils of kicking it up a notch

A few days ago I boosted my player level to "Intermediate." I figured after 20 years, it was time.
I just had myself WHOMPED in multiple consecutive games of Reversi.
"There wasn't no way."
My opponent knew something I do not know and I failed to learn from his or her unerring mastery of the game.
WHAT does that person know that I don't???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish so much that I knew something about my opponents.
Who was that?!!!
What would they trade for the knowledge they have?
You should have seen it. Incredibly artful. Deliciously painful. Chagrin, chagrin, chagrin.
Ouch!
If would be so fabulous to be able to know who I was playing.
There's no way to know anything about them except what language there computer is set for and if they are impatient or not.
But male, female, young, old... there's no telling. And you cannot communicate beyond the limited choices of some preset comments. Neither cajole nor torment.
Now there is another trick I have to learn, another secret to unlock. How many more years 'til I figure this one out???!!!
Ohhh. GRRRRRR. The game is so aggravating. I love it!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger Emily Suess said...

Hmm. I wonder if I ever played you when when you were still doing the "beginner" thing. I lost every time I played, and gave up playing after about 5 games.

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Jean said...

"Play again?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home