Sunday, October 14, 2007

wild ride through winter

Joey's grandmother has slipped, in just the past two days, into a transient delirium.
She was coherent enough to talk on the phone to a relative tonight, but she kept seeing people who weren't there and bugs crawling on the walls and counter tops.
She kept searching her knit blanket for a deck of cards and calling out to family members who are in other states.

We gave her a deck which turned out to be Pinochle cards and she scoffed and complained.

I have experienced much, but have been blessed that no one of my family members who have passed on went through this.

They all knew who they were and where they were. I haven't dealt with hallucinations and mental confusion.

I know that there is little I can do except to be kind to the grandmother, understanding and supportive for Joey and obedient to whatever Joey's parents require of me.

No one can tell, at this stage, how long this will go on. The only thing I know for sure is that the course of this adventure is unpredictable.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:37 AM, Blogger Bungz said...

Hey, hope you are ok... Seems like you going through a lot... *hug*

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well Jean,
I went through a similar experience as my mother was dying. The odd thing is, that there was (at least in my case) some humour to be got from the situation. I'm not suggesting for a moment that the situation is funny,it's just that all the strange hallucinations make for some VERY weird scenarios.
In my mothers case she used to see swans for some reason, and it was my job to chase them from the room.
like I said, weird.
I know how stressful this time can be and my thoughts are with you and yours.
shalom
les (Auto)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home