Monday, November 12, 2007

Mmmmm!

One day last week I was outside of the building I work in, walking back from the CVS across the parking lot when I caught the sunset.
The blazing orange of the sunset was mellowed by such a luscious purple which also wove pinks and blues and and red and yellow and white I could almost taste it.
It was so gorgeous I would have to say it was uncaptureable, but I would have to say the only comparison I can make is that it was rather like the color of a bruise. We don't tend to think of bruises as beautiful, though.

The next night, I sat at the kitchen counter at Joey's parents' house and something so delightful and rich was gently fragrancing the kitchen but I had no idea what it was. It smelled like that deep, rich sunset color.

Then Joey's mother took a glass dish full of plaintains out of the oven. Oh! It's unearthly!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Blogger Judith HeartSong said...

oh, plantains!!! I love plantains. Happy Birthday!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home