Thursday, October 25, 2007

Hear-Say

Joey told me last night that her mother had said something about me.
I said, "Oh yeah? Do I want to hear this?"
Joey responded, "I was talking to her yesterday and she said that before I met you I was a miserable bitch."
I looked at Joey in surprise, "That's not about me...."
"Yes, it is," she answered.


Today I was in the grocery store going through the check-out line with my dinner.
The cashier rang me up and I said, "What a bargain! Such a deal!" and he said, "I haven't heard that today."
The gentleman standing behind me in line responded, "I have a better deal."
I turned to look at him and he told us, "Publix is my wife, mother and girlfriend."
I laughed and said, "Yes... that will save you millions."

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:35 AM, Blogger Judith HeartSong said...

I miss Publix...... any Albertsons down there anymore or have they all closed?

It is always good to hear that you inspire the best in other people, and that does not surprise me at all:)

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Jean said...

Awww, thank you, Judi. How kind.
Albertson's seems to be disappearing in south Flah but there are plenty left in central and north Florida.

Funny you should mention missing Publix. My step-mom's brother and his wife moved back to Florida because they missed Publix! (They're rich enough to relocate for any reason at all. LOL)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home