Thursday, October 04, 2007

Strutting and fretting: a message to my blogbuds.

Hello, my two or three readers,

I'm still here and I have been thinking about you and about writing some entries.
I just need you to know that.
You all know that sometimes life redirects you from the things you want to do.

I have been contemplating copy some entries from my first blog over to here and then only re-posting entries from this blog that actually mean something.

I've also been considering splitting this blog into three parts. That is, create one blog for frivolous entries, one for darker entries and one for the ones that have seemed to connect to readers.

I feel bad about my darker and more pessimistic and cynical entries but it is also part of who I am and how I think and it would be a lack of integrity on my part to lie about it by omission.

I consider the sensitivity of my readership. I share things I might not actually want to put into your particular brain. We all have enough to think about and deal with on our own.

I could split "It's All Good" into light, dark and the middle. (But then that would not create balance, would it?)

Or I could take the lazy and less-ambitious road and just smoosh it all into this poor blog.

That's probably how it will end up because my energy and my attention is limited.
I no longer have the luxury of coming home and communing solely with cat and computer.
My spare time has been consumed with the stuff of partnered life.
I still marvel at how people find the time to watch television although I have to confess that the other night, Joey was away and I found myself feeling uncomfortably alone so I sat in front of Discovery with "Mythbusters" and "How It's Made" until she arrived.

And then I even watched "Man vs. Wild." Made me wish I was a handsome British man capable of roughing it with a knife, flint and canteen anywhere in the world. (lol)

I want to put myself here. I just only have so much energy. And I am more seriously contemplating getting a second job so there will be even less time for the outlet of blogging.

Plus, during months when I don't come up with a guest speaker, I spend much free time learning and preparing my talks for work.

And I have also rediscovered Friday nights with my friends. Dratted life! The nerve of supplanting the expression of my vanity with the only thing that makes life really matter!

I gotta work, I need to rest, my friends refresh me... and I love you, too.

6 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Emily Suess said...

You know, there's nothing wrong with smooshing it all into one. I mean, isn't that how you operate in real life? At any rate, looking forward to whatever posts you have time for whenever--and wherever!--they're posted.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Jean said...

Thanks, E.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Judith HeartSong said...

I agree... all the thoughts are a part of what makes you 'you'. And it is not as if you are on a constant downer so that it is a chore to read what you write here, it is what you are thinking about and feeling and doing. I wouldn't change a thing.

Boy... life sure does get in the way of what we want to do doesn't it? That is why I am up so early every morning to post.... it is the only time I have to do it.

I am just glad you write.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Jean said...

Thanks, I really appreciate that.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Bungz said...

I am not too regular with my blog either... Guess it is some bug that is going around.

And yeah, don't categorize. That's no fun... Life is a mishmash after all...

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

hey! life's like this. all the time.
Stiff upper-lip & all that.

"The difference between involvement and commitment is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast. The chicken was involved; the pig was committed"
shalom
P.S. Thanks for the nice comment. My first from a "stranger"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home