Sunday, June 13, 2010

S'Marriage?

Someone who recently became a beneficial acquaintance is also a hardcore, FOX News-watching Republican. She stated that Sarah Palin and herself both do not believe in "marriage" for gays, but the legal equivalent of it. My friend said "Call it anything else. Wed. Garriage, S'marriage...."
I understand and respect that point of view because the Bible does say that God created marriage for the purpose of procreation. Okay. Then why don't people who protest gay marriage but feel that we deserve equal rights get out on the streets and fight with us? Hmm?

That's not what I really want to say right now. What I really want to say right now is that we sang the most lovely hymn in church today.

The Servant Song
Richard Gillard - copyright 1977, Scripture in Song/Maranatha! Music, administered by Music Services.

Will you let me be your servant, Let me be as Christ to you;
Pray that I may have the grace to let you be my servant, too.

We are pilgrims on a journey, We are trav'lers on the road;
We are here to help each other Walk the mile and bear the load.

I will hold the Christlight for you in the nighttime of your fear;
I will hold my hand out to you, Speak the peace you long to hear.

I will weep when you are weeping; When you laugh I'll laugh with you.
I will share your joy and sorrow 'Til we've seen this journey through.

When we sing to God in heaven We shall find such harmony,
Born of all we've known together Of Christ's love and agony.

The Servant Song concisely and eloquently explains how I feel about love.
Whether you believe in God or not, serving each other is what it's all about.

1 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice post!

"Not as a ladder from earth to Heaven, not as a witness
to any creed,
But simple service simply given to his own kind in their
common need."
See the full poem here.
http://www.mindspring.com/~blackhart/The_Sons_of_Martha.html

Shalom
Les

 

Post a Comment

<< Home