Wednesday, April 22, 2009

That's What She Said.

















My family questioned if I'm truly happy and if I'm sure about marrying Joey.
They can see that I'm not ecstatic.
Early on, my friends told me that she wasn't good enough for me.
















I know they love me and have my best interest at heart.
















To be truthful, being more of a caregiver than a lover wears on a person.
But none of those people read this blog...
















There's only one person besides me that knows I made my vow to Joey leaning over her grandmother's death bed.
















A sacred promise witnessed by the company of spirits, the transitioning soul of her grandmother and one other in the room.

A hard promise to keep, it turns out.

2 Comments:

At 5:33 AM, Blogger Judith HeartSong said...

I want you to be happy. No relationship is perfect, but in the balance it needs to be more good than bad.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The best reason to love is to be loved in return.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home