Saturday, September 06, 2008

Appropriate?

I have tried to watch both conventions, but honestly I fall asleep waiting for the big speeches.
I fell asleep listening to Barack Obama and was woken by Nancy Pelosi. I was grateful that she was loud. I turned off my computer and went back to sleep.
I actually managed to stay awake for John McCain.

It was South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham's speech which came before Cindy McCain's speech (and I think I could stand Cindy as a first lady - but in my White House Hillary would be Pres.)

Mr. Graham proclaimed that we are having a victory in Iraq. Behind him on the giant screen, the scenes were not of soldiers and smiling Iraqi children but views of Arlington National Cemetery.
Wow.
There must be some Republicans in Hollywood who could have helped to prevent that faux pas.


I can only think of Lieutenant Dan in the movie Forrest Gump. He was hellbent to die in battle.
Forrest destroyed Dan's brainwashed wet dream by saving his life.
In the end, Dan was grateful to be alive and have a good life and a family, but he spent decades resenting it and being bitter and drunken.

I couldn't believe it. And none of the three piece-suited men or conservatively-attired women cheering in the crowd seemed to notice or care.

Is it all about Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori for Republicans?

I'm pretty sure Republicans love their children. I don't understand.


Not to mention the rapidly decreasing populations at the hands of coalition forces in Iraq and other places in the middle east.



After listening to Mr. Graham and seeing the cemetery, while waiting for the next speaker
they danced.

1 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Blogger Sydney said...

WOW -- I hadn't even caught that... I may have been sleeping myself. Unbelievable!

I am going to watch, or at least attempt to get through, the VP debates. Though I think Palin is going to be coached to within an inch of her hairdo. And Biden will possibly be coached to know when to stop -- I think his weakness is going on and on, or that's the thing he gets criticized for in DC...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home